Monday, November 06, 2006

The Flight of my life

I stood at the end of the field,
wondering why, it took me so long,
to realize that I was not
going to be among those who
lived to face defeat.

Why I cared for them all,
and ran after them.
why my life was wasted on them,
I don’t want to know all of this.
was not all this written….
as we didn’t wanted it to be.

The rising fires soothed my burns,
they also never wanted
to come in this use, or maybe
….( they never told me ) why they always
came in such places where they were told to be.

If I knew that my flight was
destined to end in such fires
I would’ve destroyed myself in some
other way …then maybe those
I loved , would not have tasted heat
before they faced life, and defeat.

I am now sitting in the dirt,
watching the ambulances take away
the lucky ones, who ran after life
never fulfilling their ambitions, their passions
and burning them alive, showing
how meaningless it really was and will be.

It was not God’s will, I know
how could someone who loved us so much,
to whom we prayed when we were alive,
to whom we cried and asked for help,
…turn us to death, so early, unknowingly.

Oh, its of no use talking it now
for what we were won’t change now,
what I did is of no use now,
and maybe what I’ll do will be
of no use later.
But that won’t prevent me from attempting
the fearsome as I move into the blue.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home